Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Contacts vs Glasses

Sorry it has been a while since I posted. On Friday of last week I noticed my right contact had started to tare. This isn't a huge problem it just means it is time for a new pair of contacts. Well I was out.

So I called my optometrist and they informed me I couldn't get new lenses until I had an appointment. Apparently it has been three years. >.> Go me! So I scheduled an appointment for today (Tues at 11:30am.) I just had to hope that my contact lens would last until then and be very careful not to tare it in two. Well that lasted all of one day; Friday night as I was cleaning them and putting them away the lens disintegrated. As you probably know I can't really see without glasses and I had to last until today. So I dug up the lenses to my old glasses (mind you the frame broke years ago and I threw them away. So I had to find a way to put the old lenses in to new frames. Well at first I just put the right one, using tape, into a pair of sunglasses behind the lens. This was a royal pain in the butt. I could go into public but inside everything was dark. So I finally popped out the sun glass lens and let the glass lens hang. This looked stupid but temporarily fixed my problem until today. Today I put the other lens in my frame so I could get my eye appointment without having to take a contact out.

The lessons learned: a) contact problems = massive headache (literally) b) I need a backup pair of glasses (grumble grumble...at least until I get lasiks) and c) I guess I can still reconnect with my roots cause I would have worn these to work once upon a time.

Sorin out

No comments:

Post a Comment