Customs here sucks. 3 hours of mainly standing in lines. First the swine flu line. (oh yes) where you fill out a questionayre which I don't think they could even read. If you asked questions you got this blank look in return. (blank...this is common. Then off to the customs line (again questions are meet with blank looks.) Next is the baggage line. Finally is the exiting customs line. Sigh. I hate lines. Finally I met up with the cab to take me to the hotel and roughly 1.5 hours later I got to go to sleep.
In the interest of time here is a quick summary of the werid things I have seen.
- Speed is controlled by speed bumps in the old city of Delhi. The bigger the bump the slower they want you to go.
- No one cares about traffic rules. In the words of my driver. They are to help guide you, not restrict you. (In America we are silly.)
- Everyone is looking for a way around any rule. (Including everyone one the plane who are getting up as the plane is taking off to get into the bathroom.)
- Male children are raised much differently here.
- No one in India should be heavy as they would sweet it off. :)
- In general people are very kind.
- There are lots of people here.
- Deoderant is very optional. (very sigh)
Well until next time.
Sorin - David off to play wowcrack.