Monday, April 27, 2009

Woodland Park Zoo


I went to the Woodland Park Zoo on Saturday and had a lot of fun. I got my annual membership renewed and spent the day at the zoo with Bobby's family and Michael. I also got a chance to take a lot of pictures with my new lens. I thought a few of them turned out pretty well so I will post a few below.

I discovered the disadvantage to a telephoto lens quickly when I had to stand back 20 feet or more to get a picture.
I took a lot of pictures of the animals at the zoo and I think the quality turned out extremely well. Aynjel informed me that you could make a fence disappear when done right when taking a picture. My first attempt didn't go so well. After trying the first time though Michael set me straight. I will need a lot of practice but I think I can get there.
For me there were two highlights for this trip. I got to see the cats (all of them) and the elephants were out. We have been to the zoo a few times and the Snow Leopard and Bengal Tiger haven't been out yet. The elephants are just such incredible creatures so it was a real treat to be able to photograph them.


I actually have well hundreds of pictures. I know I am crazy with a camera. These are just a few and I wouldn't say the best.

What I learned about blogging while doing just this little post is that I will not be uploading a lot of pictures. I will have to work not posting so many pictures. Maybe I will just have to install blogging software on my server so I am not so limited.

Sorin switching to gaming

Addendum....I have uploaded all of the photos from the zoo to photoshop.com while I work on my own site. If you wish to view them the address is: https://sorien.photoshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment